Hi, I'm a freelance designer based in Oxfordshire. My shop mainly consists of products that are personalised for your event/special person.
All artwork can be altered to your specifications or if you have an idea of what you would like made then please let me know and i'll do something custom for you.
Payment needs to be made in full before the items are dispatched. If for any reason you are not happy with your artwork before dispatch then I am happy to refund you.
Once you have signed off the artwork, there will not be an opportunity to make any further alterations as the item will be printed and shipped.
All mugs are generally shipped the next working day and are sent via tracked delivery.
Canvases and table plans take 3-5 days to be shipped after you have approved the design.
Request a cancellation within: 2 days of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Refunds or replacements will be made on photographic proof that the item has been damaged or incorrectly printed.
You are responsible for providing all the wording for the item.
If you need to contact me then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hazel Mann is based in France and has been selling jewellery on Etsy since 2014. She sells mainly to buyers in France, Germany, and Italy, but offers her items for sale world-wide. In the past six months, Hazel’s business has started to take off, and she recently started using a third-party shipping provider to help fulfil her orders. She uses Google Cloud to host some of her buyers’ personal information.
• the personal information she collects;
• the legal bases she relies on to collect, use, and share personal information;
• the third parties with whom she shares personal information;
• the length of time she keeps personal information;
• if she’s transferring personal information outside of Europe (for example, if she moves her business to the United States and continues to sell to buyers in Europe, or uses a third party provider located outside of Europe, or uses Google Cloud to host some of her buyers’ information), how the transfer will be handled;
• her buyers’ rights regarding her use of their personal information; and
• how her buyers can contact him with privacy-related requests.
1. Personal information she collects
Hazel should go on to explain what information she collects from buyers, why she needs the information, how she uses it to fulfil orders, the third parties with whom she shares the information, and the length of time she keeps the information. Here's an example:
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
2. The legal bases she relies on to collect, use, and share personal information
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. The third parties with whom she shares personal information
The GDPR requires that you disclose the details of any personal information you share with third parties. Hazel should explain to her buyers why, when, and with whom she may share buyers’ personal information. For example:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. The length of time she keeps personal information
The GDPR requires you to disclose the period of time during which you will store personal information. Hazel should consider how long she needs to retain information for business purposes and to comply with any legal or tax obligations, and keep in mind that data shouldn't be kept for any longer than necessary. For example:
5. If transferring personal information outside of Europe, how the transfer will be handled
GDPR requires you to disclose if you transfer personal information outside of the EU and the legal bases you rely on to do so, such as consent and contractual necessity. Hazel uses Google Cloud, which is Privacy Shield certified, so she should explain to her buyers that she relies on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer of her buyers’ personal information outside of the EU. For example:
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Her buyers’ rights regarding her use of their personal information and her contact details
Based on GDPR requirements, Hazel should finish by explaining to her buyers their rights regarding the information they provide to him on Etsy. Hazel should also provide her contact details and explain to her buyers that she is the data controller of their personal information. For example:
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Hazel Mann, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at hello@love-uk. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Hazel Mann, 11 Silver Street, Tetsworth, Thame, Oxfordshire, OX9 7AR
*If a customer contacts you to access, correct or delete personal information held by Etsy, you may contact Etsy at Etsy.com/help for assistance, or request that the customer send a request directly to Etsy.